The ODPP offers Practical Legal Training (PLT) placements to students completing their Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
What you will learn
Students will have the opportunity to:
- experience a criminal legal practice organisation
- improve skills in drafting and undertaking legal research
- observe file and case management practices
- assist in client matters (under supervision)
- review and prepare summaries of court proceedings.
The PLT is not a paid program.
Placements are offered 3 times a year for a period of 6 weeks (225 hours), as per the guidelines set by the Law Society.
Application closing date
|7 February 2022 to 23 March 2022||10 December 2021|
|9 May 2022 to 17 June 2022||1 February 2022|
|15 August 2022 to 23 September 2022||1 June 2022|
Only students currently undertaking the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice are eligible for this program.
Placement opportunities are available for students completing the requirements in South Australian and other interstate universities.
You must write a short summary outlining why you are interested in completing your placement with the ODPP as well as your academic and personal achievements and relevant legal work experience.
Your application should showcase your interpersonal skills, ambition and interests in the law.
You must also attach:
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae
- copy of your academic transcript
- contact details of two current referees.
When applying for a PLT placement, students must be aware that they will be exposed either directly or indirectly to confidential, sensitive, confronting or distressing material including photographs, written descriptions and other evidentiary material.